Safe Riders! Campaign Celebrates 20th Anniversary!
The campaign features significant support material including
- A 22-minute safe riders DVD created to serve as an adjunct support to snowmobile safety trainers around the world,
- A Safe Riders! safety brochure that highlights key safety awareness facts,
- A Snowmobiling Fact Book which contains great information about the snowmobiling community, industry, and helpful safety tips that is especially good to give to people who are new to the sport and to government officials,
- A snowmobile poster series highlighting key snowmobile safety issues,
- The safe riders! logo reflective decals and
- Many excellent print public service announcements, radio public service announcements, and some amazingly effective TV ready public service announcements.
The key guidelines presented in the campaign are all highlighted on the posters:
- Smart riders are safe riders – take snowmobile safety training.
- Snowmobiling and alcohol don’t mix – don’t drink and ride.
- Ride safe, stay on the trail – and always respect private property.
- When night riding slow down – expect the unexpected.
- Ride smart, ride right – stay in control.
- Know before you go – always check local ice conditions.
- One is the loneliest number – never ride alone.
- Cross with care – don’t become roadkill.
- For riders in mountainous terrain: Always know the risks and be prepared – and follow the avalanche safety guidelines:
- Get the gear
- Get the training
- Get the forecast
- Get the picture
- Get out of harm’s way
If possible, we encourage, individuals, clubs, and associations to participate in the upcoming Snowmobile Safety Week. Safety Week this season will be January 16-24, 2016. When conducting any snowmobile safety training, please consider posting photos and a brief update on our www.Facebook.com/GoSnowmobiling page. Please visit us on Facebook and make sure to “Like” our page so we can share our winter updates with you throughout the snowmobiling season.
Remember to always be a Safe Rider!